Logstash not showing up in Index Patterns

Hi, and thank you for reading this.

I am trying to set up Kibana and add Logstash to view my logs.
I started with installing elasticsearch. Here, things already started to get semi weird. I was able to curl localhost:9200 in Putty but when going to the serverip:9200, I got a connection refused error.
Problems for later, I thought so I advanced to installing Logstash and Kibana. I configured Kibana (port, elasticsearch ip and server ip) and after starting all services, I was able to go to the Kibana dashboard panel. I added Logstash to the group adm so it has permission to view the apache logs. Added a given apache-logs.conf file to logstash and restarted all 3 services.
All this had been done by following the instructions of our lecturer. Next step was to create an index pattern with logstash-* as pattern but it didn't show up.

I've been trying quite a lot to fix this problem by using possible solutions given on the web but none worked yet. I'm using a Debian server.

I hope one of you could help me out on this.
Let me know if you need anything!
Kind regards
Thijs

After a lot of trial and error, I managed to fix the problem. Probably an absolute rookie mistake but instead of using the 127.0.0.1 in all configs, I needed to put the ip of the server itself in there.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.