Logstash output not the same as grok debugger

hello guys,
my grok debugger pattern output doesn't look like the logstash output in kibana!! any idea !

here is in kibana :

any help!

Please do not post pictures of text, just post the text itself. What does your pattern look like and what do the lines of text you are processing look like?

2019-03-11 11:12:40,670 ERROR [org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter] ORA-28144: Echec de l'exécution du gestionnaire d'audit détaillé
ORA-20417: ERROR SECURITY DATA
ORA-06512: à "PRODUCTION_AUDIT", ligne 39
ORA-06512: à ligne 1

and this is the pattern used that correctly match in grok debugger:

%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:timestamp} %{LOGLEVEL:Loglevel} \[(?<classname>[^\]]+)\] %{GREEDYDATA:Error}(?<msg>[^\)]+)

and also it regroup all other log events in one record!!

{
  "_index": "filebeat-2019.04.08",
  "_type": "doc",
  "_id": "HQJe_GkBGmfQmneQJD3j",
  "_version": 1,
  "_score": null,
  "_source": {
    "number": "0",
    "n": "null",
    "prospector": {},
    "classname": "impl.SensusAnalyzeLogger",
    "Url": "business.service.interfaces.ICroneJobsService",
    "beat": {},
    "@version": "1",
    "Loglevel": "INFO",
    "timestamp": "2019-03-11 00:00:00,013",
    "msg": "getMapAllCronedJobsParams | null | >> entry >>  | null\n2019-03-11 00:00:00,014 INFO  [impl.SensusAnalyzeLogger] null | 0 | null | persistence.manager.interfaces.ICroneEntityManager | getMapJobsCronPramas | null | >> entry >>  | null\n2019-03-11 00:00:00,016 INFO  [com.sensus.persistence.commons.query.impl.SensusHibernateQueryFacade] @PARAMETER_BY_ID@|query time :2 ms |result size : 6|{paramIds=[7, 8, 6, 11, 9, 10]}\n2019-03-11 00:00:00,016 INFO  [log.impl.SensusAnalyzeLogger] null | 0 | null | persistence.manager.interfaces.ICroneEntityManager | getMapJobsCronPramas | null | << exit  <<  | 2 ms\n2019-03-11 00:00:00,016 INFO  [impl.SensusAnalyzeLogger] null | 0 | null | service.interfaces.ICroneJobsService | getMapAllCronedJobsParams | null | << exit  <<  | 3 ms\n2019-03-11 00:01:00,014 INFO  [impl.SensusAnalyzeLogger] null | 0 | null | service.interfaces.ICroneJobsService | getMapAllCronedJobsParams | null | >> entry >>  | null\n

OK, so your pattern says to collect everything into Error, followed by one of more characters that are not close-parenthesis grouped into msg. And that's what you get -- one character in msg.

If you want to store everything up to the first newline in Error and all the rest in msg, then tell grok that.

grok { match => { "message" => "%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:timestamp} %{LOGLEVEL:Loglevel} \[(?<classname>[^\]]+)\] (?<Error>[^
]+)%{GREEDYDATA:msg}" } }

2019-03-11 09:11:42,233 ERROR [impl.CommonModificationBudgetaireBusinessServiceImpl] DISPONIBLE_MC_NON com.sensus.common.exception.SensusFunctionalException: DISPONIBLE_MC_NON at verifierDisponibleGlobaleMC(CommonModificationBudgetaireBusinessServiceImpl.java:8474)

my pattern is working with java log too so i have to stop on ")" character for that i put (?<msg>[^)]+) at the end, and i guess %{GREEDYDATA:msg} can't do this also i tried the pattern you suggest in grok debugger and it shows Compile ERROR

what do you see :thinking:

With the grok filter I showed I get

"msg" => "\nORA-20417: ERROR SECURITY DATA\nORA-06512: à \"PRODUCTION_AUDIT\", ligne 39\nORA-06512: à ligne 1",
     "Error" => "ORA-28144: Echec de l\\'exécution du gestionnaire d\\'audit détaillé",

and i get this !!!

[parse_exception] [patterns] Invalid regex pattern found in: [%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:timestamp} %{LOGLEVEL:Loglevel} \[(?<classname>[^\]]+)\] (?<Error>[^]+)%{GREEDYDATA:msg}]. empty char-class, with { header={ processor_type="grok" & property_name="patterns" } }

That would suggest you are trying to use

grok { match => { "message" => "%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:timestamp} %{LOGLEVEL:Loglevel} \[(?<classname>[^\]]+)\] (?<Error>[^]+)%{GREEDYDATA:msg}" } }

rather than

grok { match => { "message" => "%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:timestamp} %{LOGLEVEL:Loglevel} \[(?<classname>[^\]]+)\] (?<Error>[^
]+)%{GREEDYDATA:msg}" } }

No need to quote the newline, just put a literal newline in the char class.

sorry i didn't get it unfortunately i have to post a picture again so i can understand you.
this is what i'm getting

I cannot speak to the grok debugger, only to the grok filter.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.