Logstash pipeline is not strating when I run it for second time

Hi,
When I run logstash config file, I can see the index created in elastic search. But when I run it again with few changes( like changing index name) I can see logstash pipeline has started but the index is not created in elastic search.

Can anybody help me on this.

How are you checking if index is created?. You will have to manually create the index if you are using Kibana as Visualisation GUI.

Go to Management -> Index Pattern -> Add New . Type your index name and you should be able to "create" index. Once index created you should be able to see logs flowing in.

Go to Management -> Index Pattern -> Add New . Type your index name and you should be able to "create" index. Once index created you should be able to see logs flowing in.

That creates an index pattern. Individual indexes are not created like this.

When I run logstash config file, I can see the index created in Elasticsearch. But when I run it again with few changes( like changing index name) I can see logstash pipeline has started but the index is not created in Elasticsearch.

Since you're not telling us what your configuration looks like we can only guess, and my guess is that you have a file input. Logstash won't process the same file twice unless you tell it to. Read more about sincedb_path and start_position in the file input's documentation.

Yes. Logstash not processing the same file even If I change the index name in output plugin.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.