Logstash with web interface

Hi,

Is there any possibility of using logstash from web interface.

Like, can we create/modify logstash configuration from front end application.

My requirement is to create application to process "any logs/ any log patterns" that user able to select required data as field from log in web interface, then application will create grok based on selected data in log.

is this possible with application to created grok based on selected field or data ?

Thanks,
Uday.K

Sure, you can generate a Logstash configuration file and start a Logstash process that uses that configuration file.

Hi Magnus,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Can you briefly explain about logstash web interface(how to manage logstash config with web UI - front end)

Thanks,
Uday.K

Since you seem to be asking the same question again my previous answer doesn't seem to have been satisfactory. Can you ask a more specific question?

There currently does not exist any web interface for Logstash through which you can manage the configuration.

Hi Magnus,

The question is,
Can we manage logstash configuration from web UI ? If yes, can we give details about how we can do that ?

Thanks,
Uday.K

My answer is still

Sure, you can generate a Logstash configuration file and start a Logstash process that uses that configuration file.

and if you don't understand what I mean and can't ask a more specific follow-up question I can't help you.

Hi Magnus,

If we have Java web interface(front end). from front end can we mange Logstash configuration.

If yes, how can we integrate Logstash configuration with web interface(front end). can you provide details like

1. Do we have any default plugin or do we need to create it ?
  2. Do we have any github testing plugin(for Logstash integration with web interface) ?
  3. If you have any example(integration coding), please provide it.

please provide me brief details, as I am new to coding.

Thanks,
Uday.K

If you have any example(integration coding), please provide it.

Before we become so concrete as to talk about coding examples the overall design must be established.

I won't be able to help you any further in this matter. Getting you to a point where you can start coding is going to require significant coaching and that's time I don't have.

I dont about coding in detail.

Just let me know weather we need to create custom plugin for this or do we have any default plugin ?

Just let me know weather we need to create custom plugin for this or do we have any default plugin ?

The answer to that question depends on the requirements and the overall design that would satisfy the requirements, so your question can't be answered at this point.

With that, I'm leaving this thread.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.