Machine Learning Data Visualizer "Error loading data in index"

I am attempting to use Machine Learning Data Visualisation - On Prem ELK stack 7.5, Basic Licence,

I have an index which is receiving log data and displaying data in Custom dashboards

However, I get the following error when I attempt to load the index into Machine Learning in Kibana:-

ErrorMessage

Any ideas?

Hello, the problem may be caused by the special char % in the index pattern name which could cause a limitation within the data visualizer feature. Can you try to reindex to a different index name without % before loading it into ML data visualizer?

Hi, I've created a Kibana issue to track this: https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/57839

Feel free to add any more insights or other comments to that issue.

@mikecote, @roskamp - having an index without the % character has made the data load into the ML data visualiser. Is there another workflow for using Indices which have variables in the name?

Hey @steveg,
I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly.
As far as I know, there's currently no way to load index patterns that contain a % into the index data visualizer (until the bug is fixed).
There are still other things you can do with this data in Kibana without an error.
Does that answer your question?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.