Mage generateCustomBeat - This backport is for Python 2.7 only

I am trying to build a new beat for pushing PCAPs to the Elastic Stack. I am seeing issues when generating the beat as it is looking for functools32 in a python 3.6 environment. Should I change it to functools as we are dealing with py3.6 or do we need separate requirements.txt for v2.7 and v3.6?

elk@elk-pc:~/go/src/github.com/elastic/beats$ mage generateCustomBeat
2019/12/06 02:01:32 Found Elastic Beats dir at /home/elk/go/src/github.com/elastic/beats
Enter the beat name [examplebeat]: Pcapbeat
Enter your github name [your-github-name]: gdcrocx
Enter the beat path [github.com/gdcrocx/pcapbeat]:
Enter your full name [Firstname Lastname]: George Davis
Enter the beat type [beat]: beat
You have uncommited changes in elastic/beats. Running CopyVendor running in dev mode, elastic/beats will be copied into the vendor directory with cp
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
 command: /home/elk/go/src/github.com/gdcrocx/pcapbeat/build/python-env/bin/python3 -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'/tmp/pip-install-hwi8t3ph/functools32/setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'/tmp/pip-install-hwi8t3ph/functools32/setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' egg_info --egg-base /tmp/pip-install-hwi8t3ph/functools32/pip-egg-info
     cwd: /tmp/pip-install-hwi8t3ph/functools32/
Complete output (1 lines):
This backport is for Python 2.7 only.
----------------------------------------
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: python setup.py egg_info Check the logs for full command output.
make: *** [vendor/github.com/elastic/beats/libbeat/scripts/Makefile:240: python-env] Error 1
Error: running "make update" failed with exit code 2

I am using Lubuntu 19.04, go version go1.13.5 linux/amd64

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.