Make Grok filter fields aggregatable

Hello,

I have succesfully filtered out fields needed from logs by using GROK.The data within these field shown in stdout are correct,however these fields(error code &loglevel) are not aggregatable in kibana.How do I change this?

Config file:
input {

file {
path => "C:\Users\bob\Downloads\data\error_test.txt"
start_position =>"beginning"
sincedb_path => "/dev/null"

}

}

filter {
grok{
match => ["message", "%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:logdate} %{LOGLEVEL:loglevel} %{GREEDYDATA:messsage} %{WORD:YO}%{GREEDYDATA:messsages} %{INT:errorcode}\r"]
}
date {
match => ["logdate", "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss,SSS", "ISO8601"]
}

}

output{
elasticsearch {
hosts => ["localhost:9200"]
index=> "error_test"

}
stdout { codec => rubydebug }
}

have tried using:
mutate{convert => ["errorcode","integer"]}

it does not work either

(Magnus B├Ąck) #3

Logstash's default index template (which applies to indexes matching logstash-*) provides .keyword subfields that can be used for aggregations. Alternatively, define your own index template where you force fields to be of a certain type.

have tried using:
mutate{convert => ["errorcode","integer"]}

This'll convert the type of the field in a document but you need to reindex your data to change the field's mapping in the index. If you're just testing things out you can simply delete your index.

Thank You for the response.I tried refreshing field list within the management tab in kibana and this seems to solve the issue.

(system) #5

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.