Make `message.text` not required for Slack action

The Slack action currently requires message.text to be present, though slack will gladly accept a message without it, as a message can have an attachment which contains the text to be displayed. The current requirement for message.text means a message with attachment needs both message.text and message.attachments.text, causing the message displayed in Slack to look slightly disjointed. Would be excellent to remove this requirement.

Hey,

that's a valid request. I created an issue in our internal tracker for this. No promises on timeline though :slight_smile:

--Alex

Thanks @spinscale, it's definitely not a blocker, I appreciate it being added in the future :slight_smile:

After upgrading to 6.* my Watcher UI throws this error so I can't access it. How can I fix the offending watcher?

Edit: I figured it out. For anyone else, you can run GET .watches/_search to find the offending watcher ID and remove it with DELETE _xpack/watcher/watch/my_watch

please open a new thread for this kind of issue.. also it would be helpful if you specify the error message along with your problem.

Thanks!

+1 I just upgraded to 6.2.2 from 5.6.7 and now I can't get to the watcher UI. Not the end of the world since I can manage everything through the API but a bit of a pain.

I don't think that deleting all offending watchers is a valid fix for the issue though. Adding message.text: " " worked though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.