Watcher UI Broken on slack.message.text property

There's already an existing related ticket for this here - Make `message.text` not required for Slack action, but responses are closed and I wanted to get an idea of when or if a fix for this is on the horizon. Right now I can't access the Watcher UI on v6.2.4 because of an error: "Watcher: Error 400 Bad Request: json argument must contain an actionJson.slack.message.text property". My watches have a message.attachments.text, so the additional message.text shouldn't be necessary, and that error shouldn't prevent me from accessing the UI to update the Watcher.

I've attempted updating the watcher via the DevTools, but I have a lot of watches to update and moving around all of the JSON is a bit tedious. I've also tried using _update_by_query, but that doesn't work either because I'm using the Cloud product so I'm unable to set "watcher.index.rest.direct_access: true" in my elasticsearch.yml.

hey,

the issue mentioned in another post is public now, see Watcher UI Broken on slack.message.text property

I do think however, that we should fix the UI regardless of that. I'll ping our watcher UI folks about that.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

--Alex

I'm not sure if this is fixed, but I ended up regaining access to the Watcher UI by manually updating the JSON for each of the watches. It was a bit tedious, but after adding in the slack.message.text property, the Watcher UI started working again.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.