Watcher 500 Bug

alerting

(Djtecha) #1

So currently if a user saves a watch that is invalid it can break the entire watcher mgmt page in kibana. SHouldn't this just deactivate or prevent the user from saving? I foresee this being a big issue with tracking down broken watches using the backend API to unblock other users.

(Mark Walkom) #2

Can you elaborate a bit more please?
Invalid how? Break how?

(Djtecha) #3

Sure. I Created a watch that I had working nicely, then removed the "text" line from the notify-slack block because the 'title' field in the dynamic_attachments block handled my format the way I wanted it to. I then saved the watch. Following this I tried to click the link for watches in the mgmt page of kibana and was met with a 500 error. In order to fix this I had to use the PUT API to re-add that line. But I can't ensure all my devs will be able to write a perfect JSON object so I foresee this happening again.

(Chris Roberson) #4

Hi @djtecha,

Yes, we're aware of this issue and actively working on a solution.

Thanks,
Chris

(Chris Roberson) #5

Actually, @djtecha, if possible, upgrade to 6.2 and see if it still happens there.

(Djtecha) #6

Sure, tried it on 6.2 today and it still breaks watcher just with a different error now upon saving:

Watcher: Error 400 : json argument must contain an actionJson.slack.message.text property

(Chris Roberson) #7

Okay cool that's expected. Right now, the only way to fix is by doing what you said, but we're actively working on fixing this.

(system) #8

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.