Mapper for [someField] conflicts with existing mapping: [mapper [someField] has different [norms] values, cannot change from disable to enabled

Hi,
I'm reasonably new to ElasticSearch, and I've been Googling and reading, but I've not found anything to help.

I use Index Templates to ingest data. I have one with well defined mapped fields, but 2 in particular:

agent: text

I also have set up the following JSON in the Dynamic Templates section:

[
      {
        "message_field": {
          "path_match": "message",
          "mapping": {
            "norms": false,
            "type": "text"
          },
          "match_mapping_type": "string"
        }
      },
      {
        "agent_field": {
          "path_match": "agent",
            "type": "text"
          },
          "match_mapping_type": "string"
        }
      },
      {
        "string_fields": {
            "type": "text",
            "fields": {
              "keyword": {
                "ignore_above": 256,
                "type": "keyword"
              }
            }
          },
          "match_mapping_type": "string",
          "match": "*"
        }
      }
    ]

However, when I delete my index and it's automatically recreated, I get loads of errors such as:

[instance-xxxxxxxxxx] [TheIndex][0] mapping update rejected by primary java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Mapper for [message] conflicts with existing mapping: [mapper [message] has different [norms] values, cannot change from disable to enabled]

Is there anywhere else I need to set up the mapping stuff? The entries appear to be being created correctly. I was expecting that making the dynamic changes, and then deleting the index would create a new one and ingest data properly.

Thanks...

Tom

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.