Mapping Error in Kibana 5.6.x

Hi everyone,

We have a problem after an upgrade from Elasticsearch and Kibana 5.4.2 to 5.6.0. We updated kibana index in order to have compatibility with Elastic 6.x by the new utility in Kibana.

After that, we got the next exception:

[2017-09-21T16:37:07,992][DEBUG][o.e.a.a.i.m.p.TransportPutMappingAction] [name_machine] failed to put mappings on indices [[[.kibana-6/txg1pewhRB-OTDp4_c6Uew]]], type [url]
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: [url] is defined as a field in mapping [url] but this name is already used for an object in other types

We tried to upgrade 5.6.1 and the same problem happens. Kibana doesn't work however Elastic seems fine.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

There is an issue where the original Kibana index was created without dynamic mapping disabled. This breaks the compatibility fallback. We're currently working on a fix for this you would be able to run. Apologies for any inconvenience.

2 Likes

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for your answer :slight_smile:. Is there any way to fix it easily?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

I also occurred this error.

you must upgrade to 5.6.1

and fix it refer below url

1 Like

Hi Park,

We upgraded to Elasticsearch and Kibana 5.6.1 and this kind of error continues. Moreover, in the post which you sent me, Benpoizin has the same error (at the end of the post).

Regards

Thanks, @RdrgPorto. My updated/detailed post is over here.. But it's the exact same issue you describe in this thread.

@tsmalley, any ETA on the fix? I'd like to get this in before the weekend.

1 Like

Fixed mine using the instructions in this thread.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks Ben :smile: ,

Regards

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.