Mapping Strategies For Survey Data

I am ingesting data and looking for opinions on better ways of indexing the data for later aggregation analytics. The data is currently pulled and stored in Elasticsearch as numbered q&a fields.

{
  "question1": {
    "question": "How are you?",
    "answer": "Pumpkin Pie"
  }
},
{
  "question2": {
    "question": "What's your favorite color?",
    "answer": "Bowling ball"
  }
}

The problems I am seeing with this strategy is, there's no easy way to create a Kibana visualization, that I know of, that aggregates all the questions and/or answers to answer things like "How many times is the question, 'How are you' asked?" Or a way to filter on a specific question without having to know it's 'question246'. I thought maybe I could join all the questions/answers asked into a single field of arrays, but I'm not sure how I'd go about joining a non-contiguous N number of fields like that together via Logstash.

Any thoughts on a better way to organize the data?

How about making each question its own event with [question] and [answer] fields?

heh, this is actually related to another post I recently opened that you helped me with. The questions asked are actually part of an event and need to stay with that event.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.