MaxRetry Exceptions on Azure

(Bart Platzbeecker) #1

Hi,

We are using an ES cluster on (classic) Azure VMs. This cluster is called from an webapplication and a webjob. All seems to work fine, however after several days, we notice that we are getting MaxRetry exceptions. Only by making sure the app and job move to a different (physical machine) the MaxRetry exceptions are gone. After a certain periode the same problem occures again.

Does anyone have the same problem?

See this link (azure forum) for more detailed information. https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/fe6667eb-f90e-412e-8fee-c2ea2a5aba17/maxretry-exception-from-azure-web-applicaiton-to-elasticsearch-cluster?forum=windowsazurewebsitespreview

Thanks and best regards,

Bart

(Mark Walkom) #2

What is in your ES logs?

(Bart Platzbeecker) #3

Hi Mark, we did find anything that could point us to the rootcause. The cluster was running fine and not under pressure. When it happens again I will make sure all logs (client side and on the cluster) are gathered.

(Mark Walkom) #4

It sounds like an Azure specific problem, but I don't know enough about the platform myself.

(David Pilato) #5

Are you using azure discovery plugin?

(Bart Platzbeecker) #6

Hi David, since we rebuild the cluster in Azure from scratch, the problem hasn't occurred anymore (since three weeks).

Best regards,

Bart

(system) #7