MaxRetry Exceptions on Azure

Hi,

We are using an ES cluster on (classic) Azure VMs. This cluster is called from an webapplication and a webjob. All seems to work fine, however after several days, we notice that we are getting MaxRetry exceptions. Only by making sure the app and job move to a different (physical machine) the MaxRetry exceptions are gone. After a certain periode the same problem occures again.

Does anyone have the same problem?

See this link (azure forum) for more detailed information. https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/fe6667eb-f90e-412e-8fee-c2ea2a5aba17/maxretry-exception-from-azure-web-applicaiton-to-elasticsearch-cluster?forum=windowsazurewebsitespreview

Thanks and best regards,

Bart

What is in your ES logs?

Hi Mark, we did find anything that could point us to the rootcause. The cluster was running fine and not under pressure. When it happens again I will make sure all logs (client side and on the cluster) are gathered.

It sounds like an Azure specific problem, but I don't know enough about the platform myself.

Are you using azure discovery plugin?

Hi David, since we rebuild the cluster in Azure from scratch, the problem hasn't occurred anymore (since three weeks).

Best regards,

Bart