Merge Old indices with New indices

Hello all,

I have recently run into an issue where our Graylog Server wasn't able to bring up search results and it seemed that our ElasticSearch service crashed.
When it crashed, I noticed that we were running an older version of ElasticSearch and took the opportunity to upgrade the node.

After following the upgrade instructions (https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/restart-upgrade.html), I attempted to start the service, we run this on CentOS 7, and it failed with an error that I didn't understand at the time. With that said, its also possible that I messed up the upgrade somehow and caused the service to not start successfully.

Either way, I blew away the instance and then installed a fresh ElasticSearch node and started everything up fine. When I went to look in my Graylog Server, though, all of our data from the previous 6ish months was missing. Since then, I have found that data in another folder (I didn't realize the DATA_DIR had been changed originally) but am unsure how to merge that old data back in.

Any help is appreciated.

TL;DR - ElasticSearch crashed, attempted to upgrade and failed, fresh installed, old data isn't showing up in search, need to understand how to get it back in the search history.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.