Metricbeat 7.4 Kubernetes crash on startup

I've been trying to run metricbeat on kubernetes according to the docs but the singleton instance is crashing on startup.

Instance Logs

Deployment

The deployment is identical to the one given in the documentation, except for added auth credentials and adding replicasets permissions under the apps api groups.

It is worth noting that the replicaset works perfectly and sends just node information to elastic as intended

Kubernetes Version: 1.15.2
kube-state-metrics Version: 1.8.0
Metricbeat Version: 7.4.1

Thanks.

Hi @David_Jones :slightly_smiling_face:

I'm afraid that it might be some compatibility issue. Kubernetes module have been tested with 1.13.x and 1.14.x and I think we haven't tested Kube State Metrics 1.8 yet.

It seems that the error is a panic in the apimachinery library (interestingly, when trying to handle a panic). I can only suggest to update the library and compile Metricbeat again as a quick workaround to see if this solves the problem

Having a quick look at our repo, it seems it might be a bug: https://github.com/elastic/beats/issues/14320

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.