Metricbeat-7.6.2-linux fails to start when activemq module is enabled

I am trying to enable the activemq module on metricbeat-7.6.2 on Linux but I keep getting the below error when I start metricbeat.

2020-04-17T16:00:26.399Z        INFO    instance/beat.go:445    metricbeat stopped.
2020-04-17T16:00:26.399Z        ERROR   instance/beat.go:933    Exiting: 3 errors: metricset 'activemq/broker' not found; metricset 'activemq/queue' not found; metricset 'activemq/topic' not found
Exiting: 3 errors: metricset 'activemq/broker' not found; metricset 'activemq/queue' not found; metricset 'activemq/topic' not found

I haven't changed anything in the activemq.yml apart from the host paramater. Any ideas what could be causing this error? I understand this module is still in beta so maybe there are still some issues with it.

Hi @sm12356, welcome to the Elastic community forums!

The activemq module is part of X-Pack Metricbeat. Is it possible that you've installed the OSS Metricbeat? What output do you get if you run metricbeat modules list?

Also, could you post your modules.d/activemq.yml file here please (after redacting any sensitive information)?

Thanks,

Shaunak

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.