Metricbeat dosen`t shows in kibana\Infrastructure after deleting index metricbeat-7.3.1

ELK version 7.3.1
some time ago I`m setup ELK version 7.3 (on one server) and metricbeats (metricbeat version 7.3.1 ) on a few othres servers, all work fine, and kibana\Infrastructure shows CPU\Memory and other metrics

then i`m trynig to configure Index Lifecycle Policies... and index "metricbeat-7.3.1" was deleted.
metricbeats on servers create a new index in elasticsearch, BUT in kibana\Infrastructure dashboard is absent

screenshot https://cloud.mail.ru/public/w8wW/4vhNSJvwR

Hi!

Could you give more information about your setup? Did you run metricbeat setup again to setup indexes, templates, mappings etc after the deletion?

C.

fogot about this step
run now on one server
#metricbeat setup
Index setup finished.
Loading dashboards (Kibana must be running and reachable)
Loaded dashboards

but no effect

my metricbeat.yml
metricbeat.config.modules:
# Glob pattern for configuration loading
path: ${path.config}/modules.d/*.yml

# Set to true to enable config reloading
  reload.enabled: false

setup.template.settings:
  index.number_of_shards: 1
  index.codec: best_compression

setup.kibana:
host: "10.130.10.40:5601"

output.elasticsearch:
  # Array of hosts to connect to.
  hosts: ["10.130.10.40:9200"]

processors:
  - add_host_metadata: ~
  - add_cloud_metadata: ~

It the index you create the same metricbeat-7.3.1? Also the index patterns are the same? A lot of visualisations in Kibana are coupled with index-patterns so if you now have different ones, it might be a problem for Infra Ui too.

correct solution:

1. stop all metricbeats clients
  2. delete index in elasticsearch
  3. run on one of metricbeats client: metricbeat setup -e -E output.elasticsearch.hosts=['10.130.10.40:9200'] -E setup.kibana.host=10.130.10.40:5601
  4. edit Index Lifecycle Policies
  5. run all metricbeats clients
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.