Metricbeat-god core dump running as non-root user on RHEL 6.0

Hi,
I am trying to run metricbeat (version 6.2.3) as a non-root user, but the metricbeat-god is throwing an exception and core dumping.

[root@RHEL ~]# /home/test/metricbeat/bin/metricbeat-god -u test -r / -n -p 
/home/test/var/run/metricbeat.pid -- /home/test/metricbeat/bin/metricbeat -c 
/home/test/etc/metricbeat/metricbeat.yml -path.home /home/test/metricbeat - 
path.config /home/test/etc/metricbeat -path.data /home/test/var/lib/metricbeat - 
path.logs /home/test/var/log/metricbeat/metricbeat.log
Floating point exception (core dumped)

Anyone else has seen this? Any work around (other than running as root user, obviously) ?

Regards,
Arun

Hi @arunachala, sorry for the late response. This is very interesting. Can I ask why you are using metricbeat-god instead of metricbeat?

Hi Kaiyan,
I am NOT specifically using metricbeat-god. The metricbeat init script is using metricbeat-god as a wrapper and uses -u option to start it as a non-root user.

Let me know if you need any other info.

-Arun

Are you following https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/beats/metricbeat/current/metricbeat-starting.html to start metricbeat? Sorry I will need more details on your environment, for example what version of Metricbeat, what system are you running it on and ect.

I think it's already mentioned in my first post. I am using metricbeat 6.2.3 version on RHEL 6.0. Let me know if you need any other information.

-Arun

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.