Metricbeat mysql 8.2.3 fleet integration failing

On all my hosts that have upgraded to elastic-agent 8.2.3 (with the RHEL packages), the "mysql" integration is failing with:

{"log.level":"error","@timestamp":"2022-06-15T09:01:06.421-0700","log.origin":{"file.name":"log/reporter.go","file.line":36},"message":"2022-06-15T09:01:06-07:00 - message: Application: metricbeat--8.2.3[7b2f7d07-75ed-4341-9cb3-f749a2b0a7b0]: State changed to FAILED: 1 error occurred:\n\t* 1 error: Error creating runner from config: missing required field accessing 'hosts'\n\n - type: 'ERROR' - sub_type: 'FAILED'","ecs.version":"1.6.0"}

and then getting stuck in a restart loop.

in the logs. I've tried reinstalling elastic-agent, re-enrolling them. I had some brief success when I cloned the policy without mysql, then re-added it, but the error came back after restarting elastic-agent on my test server.

I thought it was maybe a once-off but it started happening on a second and third server.

hello @rbos ,

what version of the mysql integration have you installed?

It appears to be v1.2.1. I just re-added it, fresh, to my test group, and the error started appearing again. So it looks like the most current one.

What elastic agent version was running fine earlier?

3.2.2. Installed perhaps last week.

@rbos,

Can you confirm if you have enabled "performance metrics". Please disable it and re-run.

We have filed an issue: MYSQL: performance data_stream configs not passed · Issue #3514 · elastic/integrations · GitHub

Confirmed, that seems to stop the restart loop.

edit: I probably don't actually need the performance metrics anyway. Thanks, this can be considered fixed for me. Good luck fixing the underlying problem!

Glad you are able to proceed for now.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.