Migrate snapshot repository

Hello,

I backuped my data into a nfs share and now received a bigger one, so I have to migrate the old snapshot repository into the new nfs share because I want to keep the data.
Can I just copy the files from the mounted nfs share into the newly mounted nfs share or is it possible to use an API or so?

Thanks in advance

You should be able to do this if you make sure Elasticsearch doesn't write to the repo as you are doing the underlying FS move.

This part of the docs applies Register a snapshot repository | Elasticsearch Guide [8.11] | Elastic;

You must ensure that Elasticsearch does not write to the repository while you are taking the backup of its contents. You can do this by unregistering it, or registering it with readonly: true , on all your clusters. If Elasticsearch writes any data to the repository during the backup then the contents of the backup may not be consistent and it may not be possible to recover any data from it in future.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.