Migrating to ECS - A few newbie questions

Hello All : I have some basic questions that I hope will help me get a better understanding of migrating our EC2 based stack to ECS. Any Input will help feed my understanding! Please note, I am NOT using Fargate ECS. J
This is our current configuration (Just trying to do migrate elasticsearch for now):

3 Coordinating Nodes 3 EC2 Instances each Instance has 64 GB memory
7 Master/Data Nodes 7 EC2 Instances  each Instance has 64 GB memory

Limiting myself on how to migrate the 7 Master Data Nodes above into ECS : If I were to attempt to map the master data Nodes to ECS and achieve the same level of SLAs and Response/Up times maintained after migrating to ECS - what should my ECS Cluster look like?

• Do I spin up 7 EC2 Instances in my ECS cluster to maintain the same SLA? (ie choose DAEMON when creating the Service?)
  • When creating the container definition, what is the hard memory limit I should specify? (Currently we specify 30 GB since we have 64GB as suggested by elastic for optimal performance. of course, we have 1 elastic service running on 1 EC2 Instance. The confusion is how to map this notion to ECS?)

bump. Any pointers would be helpful.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.