Mixed Content: This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS

Do I have to run Enterprise Search over HTTPS? How can I configure SSL/TLS on Enterprise Search.
I'm running with docker-compose. I've read this Configure SSL/TLS | Elastic Enterprise Search documentation [8.4] | Elastic, not quite understand what exactly do I have to do.

Hi @Rustin_Spencer ,

Docker compose allows you to pass Enterprise Search configurations as environment variables. You need to follow the guide that you'd linked to create yourself an SSL certificate and trust store, configure Enterprise Search to use that certificate and trust store through your docker-compose file, and then configure Kibana to trust that certificate. All of this is described in the guide you've linked. Is there a specific question that you have?

I don't understand enterprise search SSL certificate creation. How can I get .crt and .key files?

You need to read and follow that guide that you linked. It gives very explicit instructions:

In a development environment (do not use this in production), you can use they they keytool command to create a self-signed certificate and add it to a keystore for use with a server running on localhost:

keytool -genkey -alias server-alias -keyalg RSA \ -storepass changeme -keypass changeme -keystore keystore.jks \ -dname 'CN=localhost, OU=Unknown, O=Unknown, L=Unknown, ST=Unknown, C=Unknown'

Note that the values used in -keypass changeme and -storepass changeme correspond directly to the values that must be set for ent_search.ssl.keystore.key_password and ent_search.ssl.keystore.password, respectively.

If you're not familiar with the terminology, you may first want to read up on SSL/TLS, Certificates/Keys, and Certificate Authorities:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.