Monitoring not working - 5.1.1

hi,

I am running Elasticsearch and Kibana 5.1.1. I have 4 node test cluster enabled with all roles, running on windows 2008 R2. I installed the x-pack plugin on one of the Elasticsearch and Kibana node (with Kibana pointing to same Elasticsearch node).

On Elasticsearch config, i have the below settings.
action.auto_create_index: .security,.monitoring*,.watches,.triggered_watches,.watcher-history*,.kibana*
xpack.security.enabled: false
xpack.monitoring.enabled: true
xpack.graph.enabled: false
xpack.watcher.enabled: false

On my kibana config, i have following setting.
xpack.security.enabled: false
xpack.monitoring.enabled: true
xpack.graph.enabled: false
xpack.reporting.enabled: false

Essentially, i am trying to use only monitoring feature in x-pack.

But after I installed x-pack and brought up kibana, I am not able to see any monitoring data. I see the below content in the monitoring tab in Kibana.

No Monitoring Data Found
No Monitoring data is available for the selected time period. This could be because no data is being sent to the cluster or data was not received during that time.

Try adjusting the time filter controls to a time range where the Monitoring data is expected.

I also tried running GET _cat/indices?v to verify if the monitoring indexes were created. They weren't created.

I also checked the index templates. There was nothing created for monitoring.

Please let me know how to get monitoring working.

Thanks

Never mind. Realized my mistake. Since its first time install, i have to do a full cluster restart. Now the monitoring sections is appearing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.