Multi-indice facet filtering

Hi all,

I'm very new to Elasticsearch, so I hope that you guys understand what I'm saying.

We have two indices (training_programs and vacancies). Those indices share some fields, such as education_level, and fields that are not shared, such as training_programs.program_type and vacancies.work_experience.

We want to use facets for both indices. The fields that share indices must be accumulated.

We also want to be able to filter on training programs or vacancies. The facets of filter training_programs should disappear if we select filter vacancies.

Filters

• Training programs
  • Vacancies

Facets

Global:

• Education level (10) -- training-programs.education_level + vacancies.training_level

Training programs:

• Education level (8)
  • Program type (4) - this facet should be ign

Vacancies:

• Education level (2)
  • Work experience (2)

Sorry for the lack of examples---I wasn't able to work out a solution, so there aren't any.

Welcome to our community! :smiley: We aren't all guys though :slight_smile:

It's still a little unclear what you are asking here. It might help if you could share the mappings for these two indices, and then using that, break down what you are looking for.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.