Multiple lines for representing different values in one field with TSVB

Hi everyone!
I am new in Kibana and ELK and I am trying to show multiple lines for different values of one field using the TSVB Visualization tool.

Below you can see the graph. Although I have chosen the Line Chart type, the values (time series data- speed for different items) are not connected and still shown as dots.

Any advice and guidance would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance.

Hey @marrel, welcome to the discussion boards!

Which version of Kibana are you using? in 7.5 we switched the underlying chart implementation to standardize our rendering toolset across Kibana, so I want to make sure we didn't introduce an issue there.

I’m not 100% sure but it looks like you have a time interval of 5 minutes set, but the data are available only every 15 minutes. If that's the case, then there's missing data points in the charts. Can you change the time interval to auto to see if that changes anything for you?

If not, could you capture a HAR for the TSVB data request? A HAR is a recording of your browser's communication with the Kibana server. If you haven't done this before, I have instructions here that you can follow: Capturing a HAR

Hello @Larry_Gregory! Happy February! Thank you very much for your prompt reply!
Yes I use Kibana 7.5 version. Thank you for letting me know this info.. Indeed, the time interval in the graph is 5 minutes although my data are not available at equal intervals.. Taking into consideration 1 hour (60minutes), the data are updated at 00:00, 00:10, 00:30, 00:40, 01:00 and also there are missing values of my data. What do you advise me? Thank you in advance!

Hmm, that's a good question :slight_smile:

I'm not a TSVB expert unfortunately. Did you try switching the time interval to auto? Did that make the chart render differently or better?

Setting the time interval to auto, automatically the data in the graph were presented per 30 minutes, almost all values were not connected and still shown as dots. In case of time interval: 10m, some lines appeared individually in the graph.

For the time being I think that it is wiser for me to proceed with a visualization of a Line Graph in order to complete my project. Please let me know if you have any news regarding this issue. Thank you in advance.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.