NEST: S3 Repository server_side_encryption not an option

Hi

I am using NEST 6.0.1 for a solution I am building, one of the requirements is to create snapshots which we will store on S3. When creating the repository for the snapshots I was getting 403 errors "caused_by": {
"type": "amazon_s3_exception",
"reason": "amazon_s3_exception: Access Denied (Service: Amazon S3; Status Code: 403; Error Code: AccessDenied; Request ID: B4CFC5F7F4B420E8; S3 Extended Request ID: ZUDlDfKCWV3ocmApBdnnRvJhIrjv86x17A4txCaqA+Bod6dQrZ873OnVtyLK2o2Tgx17g3baYqo=)"
}"

So I decided to test out the creation using dev tools on Kibana, by pasting in the request call and got the same error (sample shown below)

PUT _snapshot/my_s3_repository
{
"type": "s3",
"settings": {
"bucket": ""
}
}

Looking into it further I noticed we have a s3 policy for the data to be encrypted so manually changed the request to

PUT _snapshot/my_s3_repository
{
"type": "s3",
"settings": {
"bucket": "",
"server_side_encryption" : "true"
}
}

and everything works fine, so great I thought, however there doesnt actually seem to be anyway of passing "server_side_encryption" in NEST. Has anyone else noticed this/know why this would be missing, and whether my only option is to use the LowLevel client to do this.

Cheers

Chris

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.