.NET framwork APM on windows server 2012 (IIS 8.5) not capturing data

Elasticsearch version: 8.5.3

I tried to install APM profiler on windows server 2012 R2 with IIS 8.5 with 80-90 application pools base .net framework.

The APM Profiler is working well on IIS 10, and I don't have any problems to capture data with it.
I know I can't use environment in IIS 8.5, so I tried the globally on the server (with using global environment variables).
I have so many logs with errors but one line I think is the problem

[INFO ] AssemblyLoadFinished: Elastic.Apm.Profiler.Managed was not loaded domain-neutral

and I know I need to allow Elastic.Apm.Profiler.Managed to be loaded domain-neutral as it say here
[BUG] Allow Elastic.Apm.Profiler.Managed to be loaded domain-neutral #1561

I set the registry key, but it didn't help, I still have the same error.

what else I can do ?

Thank you

Hi,

unfortunately I don't have any out-of-the-box solution for this. We'd need to look into this in more detail - the best would be to just open an issue in the agent repo and give us as much info as you can (e.g. .NET version, exact IIS version, OS version, etc.).

Also, to make sure I get this correctly: on Windows Server 2012 R2 on IIS 8.5 this issue affects ALL the apps, right? In other words, none of the apps have any tracing and they do no report any data to Elastic APM, right? So even if you set the global environment variables (both for the profiler and for COMPlus_LoaderOptimization, the agent still does not report data?

Reason I ask is that I want to make sure that AssemblyLoadFinished: Elastic.Apm.Profiler.Managed was not loaded domain-neutral log is indeed from the IIS .NET application and not from some other random .NET app.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.