I am quite new to ES and currently doing some experiments to evaluate it. I
am trying to figure following case:
- we started two nodes on two different PC
- We create a index with 2 shards and 1 replicas
- One of the primary shard goes to first node and other goes to second
- Two application writing data to these nodes. And also assume that
applications run on two different PC.
- If the connection between these nodes goes away each ES nodes will
declare their replicas as primary and application will continue write the
data to their local nodes
- Now, we have two nodes with different data on each
Now, I want to ask some questions:
What will happen if connection comes back? Will the nodes discover each
other? (I read from user list that one of them should be restarted to
rediscover each other)
What will happen if I restart one of the nodes after connection comes back?
What will happen to data written on restarted node?