"No configuration found in the configured sources": Error when working through LogStash tutorial

I downloaded LogStash 6.6.2 today and I am currently going through the tutorial here.

On my Windows 10 machine, I followed the instructions here to install/configure/run Filebeat.

I followed every single step in the tutorial, up to and including executing this instruction:

To verify your configuration, run the following command:
bin/logstash -f first-pipeline.conf --config.test_and_exit

This was the output I saw:

How can I fix the error "No configuration found in the configuration sources"? I assume that it is due to the fact that there are "No config files found in path" (where the path refers to C:\logstash-6.6.2\first-pipeline.conf, whose contents are exactly the same as specified in the tutorial).

What should I do to move on with the tutorial?

I haven't setup logstash on Windows before so I don't know what all of the paths are.

But you need to find where your pipelines.yml file is located.
Once you find that, you will start logstash with something like:

bin/logstash -f first-pipeline.conf --path.settings=C:\some\folder\

Where C:\some\folder is the folder that has your pipelines.yml

That folder will contain the rest of your configuration files, such as your jvm.options and conf.d stuff.

Hello Ken,

Thanks for your reply. I ran the command as you suggested, but unfortunately still cannot get it to work.

This is what I saw:

WARNING: Could not find logstash.yml which is typically located in $LS_HOME/config or /etc/logstash. You can specify the path using --path.settings. Continuing using the defaults
Could not find log4j2 configuration at path /C:/logstash-6.6.2/config/pipelines.yml/log4j2.properties. Using default config which logs errors to the console
[WARN ] 2019-03-25 10:23:43.515 [LogStash::Runner] multilocal - Ignoring the 'pipelines.yml' file because modules or command line options are specified
[INFO ] 2019-03-25 10:23:43.525 [LogStash::Runner] runner - Starting Logstash {"logstash.version"=>"6.6.2"}
[INFO ] 2019-03-25 10:23:43.851 [Ruby-0-Thread-1: C:\logstash-6.6.2\lib\bootstrap\environment.rb:6] configpathloader - No config files found in path {:path=>"C:/logstash-6.6.2/bin/first-pipeline.conf"}
[ERROR] 2019-03-25 10:23:43.856 [Ruby-0-Thread-1: C:\logstash-6.6.2\lib\bootstrap\environment.rb:6] sourceloader - No configuration found in the configured sources.
[INFO ] 2019-03-25 10:23:44.041 [Api Webserver] agent - Successfully started Logstash API endpoint {:port=>9600}

What command did you run?
Where is your pipelines.yml located at?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.