No results while Updating/Re-indexing schema

Hi,

I've just noticed that when we run the "update schema" function, results no longer show at all when using the search until the index is complete. I can see why this happens, I'm just wondering if there is a way to avoid it, or serve some older/cached results while the schema is updating?

The issue I'm having is every now and again, I am getting the "Unable to save document" error. When this happens, I've been instructed by your support team to simply run a schema update/re-index which fixed the issue. This would be fine if it wasn't for the schema update taking around an hour to complete, whilst results are unavailable.

Is there a work around for this? Or another way other than re-indexing to fix the "Unable to save document" error?

Thanks!

This would be fine if it wasn't for the schema update taking around an hour to complete, whilst results are unavailable.

Results should still be available during a re-index. Not sure I am familiar enough with this to help, let me see if I can raise the issue with someone.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.