No saving, it fails for vis, dashboard, etc

Anyone else seeing this?

In Kibana, trying to save anything (vis, dashboard, etc.) has the button doing the spinning "wait" icon ... forever. The button on the save dialog works.

Inspecting the browser -- it appears that the first REST call to "does this name exist" works, then the follow-up "save this set of data" fails with 503 error.

Evidently, the kibana pages are doing something the browser security policy stops. See below

Refused to execute inline script because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "script-src 'unsafe-eval' 'self'". Either the 'unsafe-inline' keyword, a hash ('sha256-SHHSeLc0bp6xt4BoVVyUy+3IbVqp3ujLaR+s+kSP5UI='), or a nonce ('nonce-...') is required to enable inline execution.

2 Likes

Hello Joe,

Yes, others are seeing it. It's been identified here.

Thanks!
Aaron

Ah, yes - I should have checked the 'issues' on github. I'll track it there.
I'm on 6.7.0 (ubuntu) using latest chrome.

I assume changing browsers (firefox, etc.) and/or reading about chrome://flags might help.
But, with the CSP being something that is sent to the browser in a header, this sounds like a Kibana-centric solution is necessary for proper resolution.

Any workarounds for now?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.