Hi
According to

I should set my cold nodes to data cold

I have
node.attr.class: cold
node.roles: ["data_cold"]

set in elasticsearch.yml
Yet I get this on startup

[2020-11-14T12:24:27,891][ERROR][o.e.b.Bootstrap          ] [gla1vm51] Exception
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: unknown role [data_cold]
        at org.elasticsearch.cluster.node.DiscoveryNode.getRoleFromRoleName(DiscoveryNode.java:503) ~[elasticsearch-7.9.1.jar:7.9.1]
        at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:195) ~[?:?]
        at java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(ArrayList.java:1624) ~[?:?]
        at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:484) ~[?:?]
        at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:474) ~[?:?]
        at java.util.stream.ReduceOps$ReduceOp.evaluateSequential(ReduceOps.java:913) ~[?:?]
        at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234) ~[?:?]
        at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.collect(ReferencePipeline.java:578) ~[?:?]

I wanted to set the role because even though I have the hot nodes set as ingest I see replica shards being moved to the cold nodes that have not yet reached the cold part if the ilm

Any help appreciated

Thanks
Stuart

You have linked to the docs for 7.10 but you are only running 7.9.1, which behaves differently in this respect.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.