Non indexed fields are not selectable in the metrics section of the visualisation editor

Hello,

I'm working on time series database. I set the mapping of all my numeric fields to "index": "no" in order to reduce the size of my index, as I only want to perform aggregations on them. Filtering or searching is not needed. Unfortunately, Kibana then shows me this error message: No Compatible Fields: No Compatible Fields: The "b2c_o" index pattern does not contain any of the following field types: number.
{
"order": 0,
"template": "b2c_",
"settings": {
"index": {
"refresh_interval": "5s"
}
},
"mappings": {
"default": {
"_source": {
"enabled": false
},
"dynamic_templates": [
{
"strings": {
"mapping": {
"index": "not_analyzed",
"type": "string",
"doc_values": true
},
"match_mapping_type": "string",
"match": "
"
}
},
{
"doubles": {
"index": "true",
"type": "double",
},
"match_mapping_type": "double",
"match": ""
}
},
{
"longs": {
"index": "true",
"type": "long",
},
"match_mapping_type": "long",
"match": "
"
}
}
],
"_all": {
"enabled": false
},
"properties": {
"@timestamp": {
"type": "date",
}
}
}
},
"aliases": {}
}
I'm using an Elasticsearch 2.4 and Kibana 4.

Thanks.

Hi,
index: no used to turn off field data too, so that's why you aren't able to do the aggregations.

If you upgrade to 5.x (5.3.0 was just released) it would work. Otherwise I think you would have to index the data.

Regards,
Lee

1 Like

Ok thank you. So, there is no other solutions with Kibana 4 and I have to upgrade to 5.x.

Yes, or index the data in your current version.

You could spin-up a test instance of 5.3.0 pretty quick and load your data to test it out before deciding to upgrade, or you could use a free trial Elastic Cloud instance.

Merci Lee, I will try. Have a nice week-end.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.