Not seeing any data in the monitoring tab

@chrisronline I have few old templates from 6.7 where there is no _source field. Do you think that may be causing the issue.

Yes definitely possible. I'd scan all of your templates and ensure none of them are affecting the heartbeat indices.

But the old templates are not from heartbeat. They are from metricbeats and filebeats 6.7 version. If I modify them I might be impacting the other dashboards right.

If you look at the templates that have no _source field, they have an index pattern configured. Will the configured index pattern match heartbeat-* indices? If so, you need to update the template with an index pattern that will not match heartbeat-* but does match other indices you need to apply the template to.

I see one template which matches that pattern. I did not create it so may be it was system generated. Can I delete it?

"all" : {
    "order" : 0,
    "index_patterns" : [
      "*"
    ],
    "settings" : {
      "index" : {
        "number_of_shards" : "1",
        "number_of_replicas" : "0"
      }
    },
    "mappings" : { },
    "aliases" : { }
  },

I deleted this template and recreated the index. But the index still have no _source field.

@chrisronline I resolved issue with the uptime dashboard. It was my heartbeat.yml file which was corrupted I guess. I uninstalled heartbeat reinstalled and the uptime dashboard looks good now.

Thanks for your help in figuring out and resolving my issue.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.