NS_ERROR_FAILURE observed in Kibana dashboard in Firefox

Issue

When Kibana dashboard is viewed in Firefox browser and a chart is viewed in an expanded mode and then back to the collapsed mode,the remaining charts are not rendered.

Versions used

Firefox: 52.4.1 (32-bit)
Kibana: 5.6.3
Elastic: 5.6.3

Usecase

When a user tries to expand one of the charts in the dashboard and then collapse it, the other charts are not rendered.
This issue occurs in Firefox browser.

Observations

We observed that the common.bundle.js throws NS_ERROR_FAILURE when the chart is expanded.

Would you please help us resolve this issue?

Hi Aaradhana,

a NS_ERROR_FAILURE usually would indicate an network error. Could you open the Dev Tools in Firefox, go to the Network tab, then reproduce the issue, and check if a specific call failed there and what additional information about that failing call might be provided?

Cheers,
Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your reply.

I analyzed the Network tab in the Dev Tools, but didn't find any failed call. I could see the following error trace in the Console while expanding the panel:

Exception { message: "", result: 2147500037, name: "NS_ERROR_FAILURE", filename: "commons.bundle.js", lineNumber: 115, columnNumber: 0, data: null, stack: "VislibAxisLabelsProvider/AxisLabels…" } 1 commons.bundle.js:38:11454
consoleLog/< commons.bundle.js:38:11454
$ExceptionHandlerProvider/this.$get</< commons.bundle.js:37:17828
processQueue commons.bundle.js:38:23742
scheduleProcessQueue/< commons.bundle.js:38:23888
$RootScopeProvider/this.$get</Scope.prototype.$eval commons.bundle.js:39:4607
$RootScopeProvider/this.$get</Scope.prototype.$digest commons.bundle.js:39:2343
$RootScopeProvider/this.$get</Scope.prototype.$apply commons.bundle.js:39:5026
timeout/timeoutId< commons.bundle.js:39:17601
completeOutstandingRequest commons.bundle.js:36:4607
Browser/self.defer/timeoutId< commons.bundle.js:36:7706

Hope this information is useful.

Thanks.

The output seems, like there is still parts of the stacktrace cut off. Can you expand the object in the dev tools, so that whatever the stack value states there (beginning with "VislibAxisLabelsProvider/...") will be fully visible?

Also, does this issue occur in any other browser too, e.g. Chrome on the same system, or a more up to date Firefox version? Since network failures can also be caused by several ad block or script block plugins, have you tried turning of the currently active plugins in that browser?

Cheers,
Tim

Hi Tim,

Sorry for getting back late.

I did check the Firefox developer console for a more detailed log. But this is the available stacktrace. I have attached the screenshot of the console. Hope this helps.

For your question regarding the issue in other browsers, it is not observed in Chrome. It is seen in Firefox 52.4.1.

I disabled an ad block extension which was in active state. But still, I am able to see this issue.

Thanks,
Aaradhana

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.