NullPoiinter exception when analyzer name is wrong

When I use the _analyze command with an analyzer name that does not exists I have a NullPointerException on the server and a TimeOutException on the client. Any idea?

hibernate.search.elasticsearch.additional_analyzers my_analyzer

[2016-03-02 17:31:47,714][ERROR][transport ] [Executioner] failed to handle exception for action [indices:admin/analyze[s]], handler [org.elasticsearch.action.support.single.shard.TransportSingleShardAction$AsyncSingleAction$1@6ec5ed48]
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.elasticsearch.action.support.single.shard.TransportSingleShardAction$AsyncSingleAction.perform(TransportSingleShardAction.java:195)
at org.elasticsearch.action.support.single.shard.TransportSingleShardAction$AsyncSingleAction.access$700(TransportSingleShardAction.java:115)
at org.elasticsearch.action.support.single.shard.TransportSingleShardAction$AsyncSingleAction$1.handleException(TransportSingleShardAction.java:174)
at org.elasticsearch.transport.TransportService$DirectResponseChannel.processException(TransportService.java:821)
at org.elasticsearch.transport.TransportService$DirectResponseChannel.sendResponse(TransportService.java:799)
at org.elasticsearch.transport.TransportService$4.onFailure(TransportService.java:361)
at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.AbstractRunnable.run(AbstractRunnable.java:39)

Is this suppose to happen or there something wrong in the configuration?
I have the same error with Elasticsearch v 2.2 and 2.1 using the default configuration.

Thanks,
Davide

I can confirm the issue.
Will be fixed by: https://github.com/elastic/elasticsearch/pull/15447