index.analysis.analyzer.default.tokenizer: keyword
index.analysis.analyzer.default.filter.0: lowercase

But when I try to index some entry without providing a mapping, I got a null
pointer exception. The entry as simple as the following:

{"name":"sezgin"}

Here is the trace:

org.elasticsearch.transport.RemoteTransportException: [Jim
Hammond][inet[/192.168.1.102:9300]][indices/index/shard/index]
Caused by: org.elasticsearch.action.support.replication.ReplicationShardOperationFailedException:
[topo_topology_09280306][4]
at org.elasticsearch.action.support.replication.TransportShardReplicationOperationAction$AsyncShardOperationAction.performOnPrimary(TransportShardReplicationOperationAction.java:392)
at org.elasticsearch.action.support.replication.TransportShardReplicationOperationAction$AsyncShardOperationAction.access$400(TransportShardReplicationOperationAction.java:208)
at org.elasticsearch.action.support.replication.TransportShardReplicationOperationAction$AsyncShardOperationAction$1.run(TransportShardReplicationOperationAction.java:278)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:885)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.elasticsearch.common.lucene.all.AllTokenStream.incrementToken(AllTokenStream.java:59)
at org.apache.lucene.index.DocInverterPerField.processFields(DocInverterPerField.java:137)
at org.apache.lucene.index.DocFieldProcessorPerThread.processDocument(DocFieldProcessorPerThread.java:246)
at org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentsWriter.updateDocument(DocumentsWriter.java:821)
at org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentsWriter.addDocument(DocumentsWriter.java:797)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.addDocument(IndexWriter.java:1981)
at org.elasticsearch.index.engine.robin.RobinEngine.create(RobinEngine.java:189)
at org.elasticsearch.index.shard.service.InternalIndexShard.innerCreate(InternalIndexShard.java:213)
at org.elasticsearch.index.shard.service.InternalIndexShard.create(InternalIndexShard.java:201)
at org.elasticsearch.action.index.TransportIndexAction.shardOperationOnPrimary(TransportIndexAction.java:135)
at org.elasticsearch.action.index.TransportIndexAction.shardOperationOnPrimary(TransportIndexAction.java:60)
at org.elasticsearch.action.support.replication.TransportShardReplicationOperationAction$AsyncShardOperationAction.performOnPrimary(TransportShardReplicationOperationAction.java:381)
... 5 more

Thanks in advance,
Sezgin Kucukkaraaslan

Hey,

This exception comes from the _all field which also ends up using the
keyword analyzer. I have pushed a fix for it, but note that it does not make
sense to have the _all field use the keyword analyzer (think of the _all
field as long text of all the json values in the document). You can either
disable the _all field if what you want is just keyword based analyzed
fields, or configure it to use a different analyzer.

-shay.banon

2010/9/28 sezgin küçükkaraaslan sezo104@gmail.com

Hi,
I'm trying to set a default analyzer for my index with the following
settings:

But when I try to index some entry without providing a mapping, I got a
null pointer exception. The entry as simple as the following:

Here is the trace:

org.elasticsearch.transport.RemoteTransportException: [Jim Hammond][inet[/192.168.1.102:9300]][indices/index/shard/index]
Caused by: org.elasticsearch.action.support.replication.ReplicationShardOperationFailedException: [topo_topology_09280306][4]
at org.elasticsearch.action.support.replication.TransportShardReplicationOperationAction$AsyncShardOperationAction.performOnPrimary(TransportShardReplicationOperationAction.java:392)
at org.elasticsearch.action.support.replication.TransportShardReplicationOperationAction$AsyncShardOperationAction.access$400(TransportShardReplicationOperationAction.java:208)
at org.elasticsearch.action.support.replication.TransportShardReplicationOperationAction$AsyncShardOperationAction$1.run(TransportShardReplicationOperationAction.java:278)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:885)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)
at org.elasticsearch.common.lucene.all.AllTokenStream.incrementToken(AllTokenStream.java:59)
at org.apache.lucene.index.DocInverterPerField.processFields(DocInverterPerField.java:137)
at org.apache.lucene.index.DocFieldProcessorPerThread.processDocument(DocFieldProcessorPerThread.java:246)
at org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentsWriter.updateDocument(DocumentsWriter.java:821)
at org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentsWriter.addDocument(DocumentsWriter.java:797)
at org.elasticsearch.index.engine.robin.RobinEngine.create(RobinEngine.java:189)
at org.elasticsearch.index.shard.service.InternalIndexShard.innerCreate(InternalIndexShard.java:213)
at org.elasticsearch.index.shard.service.InternalIndexShard.create(InternalIndexShard.java:201)
at org.elasticsearch.action.index.TransportIndexAction.shardOperationOnPrimary(TransportIndexAction.java:135)
at org.elasticsearch.action.index.TransportIndexAction.shardOperationOnPrimary(TransportIndexAction.java:60)
at org.elasticsearch.action.support.replication.TransportShardReplicationOperationAction$AsyncShardOperationAction.performOnPrimary(TransportShardReplicationOperationAction.java:381)
... 5 more

Thanks in advance,
Sezgin Kucukkaraaslan

I see, I'd better disable the _all field. Thank you very much...

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 3:55 PM, Shay Banon shay.banon@elasticsearch.comwrote:

Hey,

This exception comes from the _all field which also ends up using the
keyword analyzer. I have pushed a fix for it, but note that it does not make
sense to have the _all field use the keyword analyzer (think of the _all
field as long text of all the json values in the document). You can either
disable the _all field if what you want is just keyword based analyzed
fields, or configure it to use a different analyzer.

-shay.banon

2010/9/28 sezgin küçükkaraaslan sezo104@gmail.com

Hi,

I'm trying to set a default analyzer for my index with the following
settings:

But when I try to index some entry without providing a mapping, I got a
null pointer exception. The entry as simple as the following:

Here is the trace:

org.elasticsearch.transport.RemoteTransportException: [Jim Hammond][inet[/192.168.1.102:9300]][indices/index/shard/index]
Caused by: org.elasticsearch.action.support.replication.ReplicationShardOperationFailedException: [topo_topology_09280306][4]
... 5 more

Thanks in advance,
Sezgin Kucukkaraaslan