Old Data Not Being Purged

Hello,

I am currently using ElasticCloud and have been attempting to modify my documents by performing the same bulk index calls I used to insert them the first go around.

I was under the impression that these index calls should just update documents with the same _ids ( which it appears to be doing ).

Unfortunately, where as my memory pressure/disk usage would previously drop (around 75%), it is now just continuously going up (up to 93% right now).

I do not have duplicate searchable documents, and I do see that the version of the documents I've touched have had their version numbers increased. So it seems like the "index" operations are correctly performing "updates".

However, being that memory/disk usage just keeps going up, my only explanation is that the older documents are not being purged from memory/disk.

Not really sure where to go from here outside of deleting the entire index and actually starting from scratch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.