On demand training - Elastic Stack: Logging

I'm following the video training, at a point where I'm supposed to run a Windows Powershell script to load the TopBeats dashboards into the .kibana index. Getting the following error, then if I open Kibana in a web browser I get errors saying the "field" parameter is now invalid.

Invoke-RestMethod : {"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"index_already_exists_exception","reason":"index
[.kibana/JbZUS4cgRpeFaHWdhGwmYw] already exists","index_uuid":"JbZUS4cgRpeFaHWdhGwmYw","index":".kibana"}],"type"
x_already_exists_exception","reason":"index [.kibana/JbZUS4cgRpeFaHWdhGwmYw] already
exists","index_uuid":"JbZUS4cgRpeFaHWdhGwmYw","index":".kibana"},"status":400}
At C:\Users\Jim\Downloads\beats-dashboards-1.2.3\beats-dashboards-1.2.3\load.ps1:91 char:1

• &$CURL -Headers $headers -Uri "$ELASTICSEARCH/$KIBANA_INDEX" -Method PUT
  •   + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (System.Net.HttpWebRequest:HttpWebRequest) [Invoke-RestMethod], W
     eption
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : WebCmdletWebResponseException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.InvokeRestMethodCommand

If you get started with the elastic stack, I strongly recommend you to use 5.x of beats and the rest of the stack. Also topbeat was replaced by metricbeat. Please let us know if you still have issues when getting started with the 5.x release.

Thanks. The problem was that the template "name" field is commented out by default, and should be ok that way. But unless you uncomment it, the template is never loaded.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.