Override class for plugin in ElasticSearch

(Kishan Sojitra) #1

I'm working on ElasticSearch Plugin to retrieve total frequency of searched term. I've already created maven project and successfully deployed my test plugin into ElasticSearch but I have no idea how to write override function to perform this task.

I have found out that there is a getTotalTermFreq() function in org.elasticsearch.index.similarity.ScriptedSimilarity.Term class/object which returns the total number of occurrences of this term in the index, or -1 if this statistic is not available. But, I have no idea how to use this function in plugin!

I already tried looking in to other open source plugins available on github but couldn't find anything useful or I can say I didn't understand that much because of my no-experience in Java.

Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance.

(Ryan Ernst) #2

It sounds like you want to implement your own Similarity. Try looking at Plugin.onIndexModule and then add a SimilarityProvider.

(Kishan Sojitra) #3

@rjernst
Thank you so much for your response and time.

I'm sorry, I can not understand how Plugin.onIndexModule is useful in this case as I want to retrieve term count when we execute a search query.

I'm very confused about all this!!! I want to implement this asap because I have a conference with about this feature on Friday. So, If it is not too much to ask and doesn't bother you, can you please write only a override class with long function which returns the term count in index? It would be very helpful for me!

Thanks,
Kishan

(system) #4

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.