Painless converts float to integer

I have field 'payload.temperature[c]' in one of the indexes. I cannot use it in Timelion due to [] therefore I created simple scripted field Temp defined as follows:return doc['payload.temperature[c]'].value

But instead of getting same value (float) I get integer

> Time 	                          payload.temperature[c]              Temp      
> 2018-09-13 08:36:00                      31.1                                   31
> 2018-09-13 08:35:57                       6.5                                    6
> 2018-09-13 08:35:00                      31.3                                   31
> 2018-09-13 08:34:57                       6.6                                    6

Scripted field has type number and format number/default. Any help?

Hmm, strange, painless should support floats just fine. Can you share elasticsearch mappings for payload.temperature?

The number format is the browser's interpretation of it, and javascript isn't too picky about decimals so I don't think it should be doing anything.

You are right, there is something wrong in mappings. with field show once as long and once as text.
I am confuse of how it happened. Will try to correct, reindex and hope problem will disappear.
Thank you for suggestion

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.