PDF/PNG Reporting chromium error

Hi,

I'm getting this error when i try to download some dashboards as PDF/PNG,

I increased my timeout time and byte for reporting.

By the way i've got platinium license

Hi @furkano, which version of Elasticsearch are you using?

Hi Carly, i'm using 7.17.2 for elasticsearch and kibana

Thanks @furkano. I've found an old but related thread which might help.

Do you see any errors in the logs? If so can you share please and check if they are similar to the referenced thread?

I've search for that topic before but my logs are not exactly the same as them,

Here are some examples for mine;

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2023-02-23T13:58:35+03:00","tags":["error","plugins","reporting","runTask"],"pid":,"message":"Error: Error spawning Chromium browser!\n    at Observable._subscribe (/usr/share/kibana/x-pack/plugins/reporting/server/browsers/chromium/driver_factory/index.js:172:24)"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2023-02-23T13:58:35+03:00","tags":["info","plugins","reporting","runTask"],"pid":,"message":"Rescheduling task:legzqknd0mf2ad1261avszkj to retry after error."}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2023-02-23T13:59:38+03:00","tags":["error","plugins","reporting","runTask","printablePdfV2","printable_pdf_v2","execute-job","legzqknd0mf2ad1261avszkj"],"pid":,"message":"Error: Error spawning Chromium browser!\n    at Observable._subscribe (/usr/share/kibana/x-pack/plugins/reporting/server/browsers/chromium/driver_factory/index.js:172:24)"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2023-02-23T13:59:38+03:00","tags":["error","plugins","reporting","runTask"],"pid":,"message":"Error: Max attempts (3) reached for job legzqknd0mf2ad1261avszkj. Failed with: Error: Error spawning Chromium browser!\n    at Object.run (/usr/share/kibana/x-pack/plugins/reporting/server/lib/tasks/execute_report.js:415:58)\n    at TaskManagerRunner.run (/usr/share/kibana/x-pack/plugins/task_manager/server/task_running/task_runner.js:275:22)"}

Thanks for sharing. Great to hear you've checked the other topic. Sadly the logs don't give additional information outside of the error message.

Given the logs don't give much additional information and you are on a platinum licence I suggest raising a support ticket to get some dedicated help.

Best of luck!

Hi @furkano , can you check the Reporting diagnostic tool in Stack Management > Reporting? This will tell you if the server system has missing dependencies or something that needs to be changed in the OS in order for PDF/PNG reports to work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.