Pentaho Kettle elasticsearch bulk insert


(ajay) #1

Has any one tried out the elasticsearch bulk insert in pentaho kettle?
It doesn't seem to work.


(benjamin leviant) #2

Hi,

The Elasticsearch bulk plugin included in the current version of Pentaho
Kettle (4.3) is now out-dated.

An issue has been opened on this subject :
http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/PDI-8019

You can apply yourself the patch attached with this issue (not too
difficult) or use a very old version of Elasticsearch (0.16.3).

Regards

Benjamin

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 2:39 AM, ajay ajaycentral@gmail.com wrote:

Has any one tried out the elasticsearch bulk insert in pentaho kettle?
It doesn't seem to work.


(ajay) #3

Hey Benjamin

Thanks a lot for bug.
I tried quite a bit but wasn't able to figure out a way to apply the patch.
From what I understand we need to build kettle using ant.
Could you point me to any resource which explains what I need to do?

Thanks
ajay

On Sunday, July 15, 2012 3:06:44 AM UTC-7, benjamin leviant wrote:

Hi,

The Elasticsearch bulk plugin included in the current version of Pentaho
Kettle (4.3) is now out-dated.

An issue has been opened on this subject :
http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/PDI-8019

You can apply yourself the patch attached with this issue (not too
difficult) or use a very old version of Elasticsearch (0.16.3).

Regards

Benjamin

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 2:39 AM, ajay ajaycentral@gmail.com wrote:

Has any one tried out the elasticsearch bulk insert in pentaho kettle?
It doesn't seem to work.


(benjamin leviant) #4

Hi Ajay,

You just need to apply the patch to the kettle sources and then to use ant
or eclipse to compile kettle.

Maybe this post could help you :
http://forums.pentaho.com/showthread.php?71398-compile-Kettle-source-code

Regards

Benjamin

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 11:09 PM, ajay ajaycentral@gmail.com wrote:

Hey Benjamin

Thanks a lot for bug.
I tried quite a bit but wasn't able to figure out a way to apply the patch.
From what I understand we need to build kettle using ant.
Could you point me to any resource which explains what I need to do?

Thanks
ajay

On Sunday, July 15, 2012 3:06:44 AM UTC-7, benjamin leviant wrote:

Hi,

The Elasticsearch bulk plugin included in the current version of Pentaho
Kettle (4.3) is now out-dated.

An issue has been opened on this subject : http://jira.pentaho.com/**
browse/PDI-8019 http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/PDI-8019

You can apply yourself the patch attached with this issue (not too
difficult) or use a very old version of Elasticsearch (0.16.3).

Regards

Benjamin

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 2:39 AM, ajay ajaycentral@gmail.com wrote:

Has any one tried out the elasticsearch bulk insert in pentaho kettle?
It doesn't seem to work.


(system) #5