Hi there, we started using metricbeat for monitoring our windows machines including MSMQ perfmon counters. When using metricbeat 7.6.2 it starts reading them just fine, but after an hour or so it compains that it cannot read counters while they are perfectly readbale using powershell. IF I restart metricbeat service in starts to read them again and then fails. After reading this topic Could not get Windows Performance Counters since Metricbeats 7.3.0
I decided to give 7.2.1 a try and it works flawlessly for more then 24 hours.
Our OS is Windows Server 2012 R2 and metriebeat version is 7.6.2
COnfig looks like this:
metricbeat.modules: - module: system metricsets: - cpu - memory - network - filesystem - diskio - process enabled: true period: 600s cpu.metrics: ["percentages", "normalized_percentages"] core.metrics: ["percentages"] - module: windows metricsets: [perfmon] period: 600s perfmon.ignore_non_existent_counters: true perfmon.group_measurements_by_instance: true perfmon.counters: - instance_label: queue.name measurement_label: msmq.queue.size query: \MSMQ Queue(*)\Messages in Queue