Please provide official logstash-output-jdbc plugin

Hi,
My use case is to transfer data from Elasticsearch to Postgres. While exploring, I could find logstash-ouput-jdbc plugin(GitHub - theangryangel/logstash-output-jdbc: JDBC output for Logstash) but it does not seem to be officially supported and there can be vulnerabilities and risks. Can someone please point to the official link in the Elasticsearch guide where i can find this plugin. Also, I am not sure how logstash-plugin list --group output provides me logstash-ouput-jdbc as one of the plugins if it is not supported officially.

Hi @Jasmine_Blooms,

Welcome back. This plugin is community created and not one that is actively maintained by Elastic as per the support matrix.

Can you explain a bit more about how often you are looking to sync Elasticsearch data to Postgres. An alternative could be to write a Python script similar to that in this StackOverflow thread if you're not comfortable relying on this archived plugin.

Hope that helps!

Hi,
We are not looking to sync but transfer data completely as a one time activity.

Thanks for confirming @Jasmine_Blooms. In that case you can either use the above plugin for a one-off operation. Or alternatively write a script in Python to extract the data (potentially in batches for a high volume index) and insert into Postgres.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.