Pls i try securing my elk stack and after everything am getting this error, pls advice with clear solution thank you. elk 7.6.1 version

[root@elk1 elasticsearch]# curl http://192.168.40.131:9200/_cat/nodes?v -u elastic -k
Enter host password for user 'elastic':
{"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"security_exception","reason":"failed to authenticate user [elastic]","header":{"WWW-Authenticate":"Basic realm="security" charset="UTF-8""}}],"type":"security_exception","reason":"failed to authenticate user [elastic]","header":{"WWW-Authenticate":"Basic realm="security" charset="UTF-8""}},"status":401}[root@elk1 elasticsearch]#

Hello! Welcome to the community! This space is actually for our Elastic Endpoint Security product, I will move your issue to the Elasticsearch community. You will get better response there.

1 Like

pls advice with clear solution

Hi, it would be very hard for anyone to reply with a "clear solution" when you share so little on your side.

Please take the time to actually describe your issue, what you have done already, what is your configuration, what are the errors in the logs etc.

1 Like

thanks

A guess is that you entered the wrong password?

Acknowledged, thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.