PR - 18094 - Don't try to compute completion stats on a closed reader

HI

As mentioned in the below PR -

Can this cause problem if store type is specified as default_fs for Elasticsearch running on Ubuntu 14.04 ?

Which version of Elasticsearch are you using? What is the error you are seeing?

I am using an older version 2.3.1 . I am seeing the following messages in the log as discussed in https://github.com/elastic/elasticsearch/pull/18094 .

But I am not able to ascertain if this can cause issue with default_fs store type on Ubuntu 14.04.

[2018-08-15 21:59:49,791][DEBUG][action.admin.cluster.node.stats] [Interloper] failed to execute on node [OnyxVuo0R0GaFQ6xp3s_zw]
RemoteTransportException[[Interloper][139.46.38.37:9300][cluster:monitor/nodes/stats[n]]]; nested: AlreadyClosedException[this IndexReader is closed];
Caused by: org.apache.lucene.store.AlreadyClosedException: this IndexReader is closed
       at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.ensureOpen(IndexReader.java:274)
       at org.apache.lucene.index.CompositeReader.getContext(CompositeReader.java:101)
       at org.apache.lucene.index.CompositeReader.getContext(CompositeReader.java:55)
       at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.leaves(IndexReader.java:438)
       at org.elasticsearch.search.suggest.completion.Completion090PostingsFormat.completionStats(Completion090PostingsFormat.java:330)
       at org.elasticsearch.index.shard.IndexShard.completionStats(IndexShard.java:765)
       at org.elasticsearch.action.admin.indices.stats.CommonStats.<init>(CommonStats.java:164)
       at org.elasticsearch.indices.IndicesService.stats(IndicesService.java:253)
       at org.elasticsearch.node.service.NodeService.stats(NodeService.java:158)
       at org.elasticsearch.action.admin.cluster.node.stats.TransportNodesStatsAction.nodeOperation(TransportNodesStatsAction.java:82)
       at org.elasticsearch.action.admin.cluster.node.stats.TransportNodesStatsAction.nodeOperation(TransportNodesStatsAction.java:44)
       at org.elasticsearch.action.support.nodes.TransportNodesAction.nodeOperation(TransportNodesAction.java:92)
       at org.elasticsearch.action.support.nodes.TransportNodesAction$NodeTransportHandler.messageReceived(TransportNodesAction.java:230)
       at org.elasticsearch.action.support.nodes.TransportNodesAction$NodeTransportHandler.messageReceived(TransportNodesAction.java:226)
       at org.elasticsearch.transport.RequestHandlerRegistry.processMessageReceived(RequestHandlerRegistry.java:75)
       at org.elasticsearch.transport.TransportService$4.doRun(TransportService.java:376)
       at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.AbstractRunnable.run(AbstractRunnable.java:37)
       at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
       at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

I do not know the answer, but it looks like the issue was fixed in Elasticsearch 2.4, so I would recommend upgrading to at least the latest 2.4 release.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.