- We have large number of documents on ES and coz of that we have created rollup job.
- but we are facing a problem while performing terms aggregation.
- We have one field as city_name and there are thousands of unique city_names present in our documents and we are performing terms aggregation on this field.
- But while performing rollup_search on our rollup_index if we compare rollup_search result of live_index+rollup_index with rollup_search result of only rollup_index we are not getting some city buckets in the later one (here we have kept everything similar for both the rollup_searches, only difference is in first search we are using live_index name with rollup-index name and in second one we are using only rollup-index name ).
- But now if we check the rollup index using some filters targeted for the missing cities then we will get missing cities in the result.
- So my point here is that those missing cities are present in rollup index but are not getting displayed in rollup-search (i.e the documents containing those cities are rolled-up).
- And now if we increase the size of terms aggregation while performing rollup_search we will get some of the missing cities in result.
- Es version = 6.6.1
Is there something I should try, am I missing something??
Thanks in advance.