Problem with aggregation in Watcher

Hi I am currently facing some problems when trying to create an alert. My use case is that I want to calculate a ratio for each country (field on my index) and get notified for each country that this ratio is less than 99%. Below is my Watch JSON:

{
"trigger": {
"schedule": {
"hourly": {
"minute": [
]
}
}
},
"input": {
"chain": {
"inputs": [
{
"acceptable": {
"search": {
"request": {
"search_type": "query_then_fetch",
"indices": [],
"types": [],
"body": {
"query": {
"query_string": {
"query": "topic:(event_tts_* OR event_sip_) AND d.direction:out AND d.reason:(0, 200, 404, 484, 486, 600, 603, 606, 610) AND @timestamp:[now-60m TO now-3m]"
}
}
}
},
"extract": [
"hits.total"
]
}
}
},
{
"denom": {
"search": {
"request": {
"search_type": "query_then_fetch",
"indices": [],
"types": [],
"query": {
"query_string": {
"query": "topic:(event_tts_
OR event_sip_*) AND d.direction:out AND exists:d.reason AND !d.reason:202 AND @timestamp:[now-60m TO now-3m]"
}
}
}
},
"extract": [
"hits.total"
]
}
}
}
]
}
},
"condition": {
"script": {
"source": "return (params.threshold * ctx.payload.denom.hits.total) > ctx.payload.acceptable.hits.total",
"lang": "painless",
"params": {
"threshold": 0.99
}
}
},
"actions": {
"email_admin": {
"email": {
"profile": "standard",
"to": [
"random@randommail.com"
],
"subject": "kibanaAlertTest",
"text": "Found {{ctx.payload.acceptable.hits.total}} acceptable reasons hits and {{ctx.payload.denom.hits.total}} hits for the tts and sip topics in the last hour."
}
}
}
}
}.

I understand from the documentation that I will need to use a term aggregation on the field country. In a simple input the aggregation would be in the search body request. But where should it be in a chain input?

please format you messages properly, this is impossible to read due to missing indendation.

If you want to add an aggregation, it is going to be part of the body field of the search request, that you want to aggregate on. If you have two searches, you need to add it in both.

Also, you are using the extract part to only extract the hits field, which means you cannot access the aggregations - just to keep in mind when playing around.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.